Embedding Google Docs Spreadsheet in HTML
Google Docs Speadsheets can be a very easy way of adding formatted tabular data to a web page. The downside is that the viewers need Google accounts to access the data but in the context of collaborative work amongst group members this can be useful.
- In Google Docs https://docs.google.com/ create your spreadsheet
- Click on the Share button
- Copy the link on to the clipboard using Control+C
- In your HTML you can now add an IFRAME in your web page and embed the Google Doc Spreadsheet within it. Your IFRAME tag will look a bit like this...
<iframe width='280' height='120' frameborder='0' scrolling=no
- The red part is what you can now paste in from the clipboard using Control+V. The blue part is what you need to add. Note the range parameter which defines how much of the table will be visible with its X and Y cell co-ordinates (I have made these red)... range=A1%3AE4
- The result on the page looks like this...
Of course by changing the height and scrolling parameters of the IFRAME and the cell co-ordinates you can have a frame to the size you need.